Get to know Otolaryngologist Dr. Young J. Kim, who serves patients in Nashville, Tennessee.
(YourDigitalWall Editorial):- New York City, Sep 13, 2019 (Issuewire.com) – Dr Kim is the Amy and Barry Baker Endowed Chair and Director of Head and Neck Oncology Research at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery. Additionally, Dr Kim holds a faculty position as an Associate Professor of Head and Neck Surgery in Otolaryngology.
More on your digital wall:
- Madhuri Kavi, DMD, a General Dentist with Lancaster Dental, PC
- RELX Golden Shield Program Aids Authorities in Countering Counterfeit E-cigarette Products
- Renown TV Personality Mackenzie Mckee’s Mom Died From Cancer
- Spruce up Your Weekends with The Energising Beats of Luvmatt’s Forthcoming Peppy song ‘Another Lover’
- Jeffrey Berliner, DO, a Physiatrist with Craig Hospital – CNS Medical Group – Colorado RSVP Clinic
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a leader in patient care, medical education, nursing education, and research. Research by Dr Kim focuses on cancer immunology and immunotherapy. For the past decade, his research team has studied the tumour microenvironment (TME), by specifically infiltrating T-cells, myeloid cells, and natural killer cells that can regulate the TME. His lab has demonstrated the mechanism of adaptive immune resistance, which implicates the need to combine cancer vaccines with PD-1 blocking agents.
Prior to joining Vanderbilt, Dr Kim was an Associate Professor at Johns Hopkins Hospital with the Bloomberg Kimmel Institute of Cancer Immunotherapy in Baltimore, Maryland. Dr Kim is board-certified in otolaryngology by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. Dr Kim is a Fellow of the American Head & Neck Society. He is also a member of the American Association for Cancer Research and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Dr Kim earned his medical degree and doctor of philosophy degree in molecular pathology from the University of California, San Diego in La Jolla, where he studied the role of selectin molecules in migration of human cells through the endothelium under Dr Ajit Varki. His postdoctoral fellowship was with Dr Owen Witte at UCLA, where he developed non-invasive molecular imaging modalities of endogenous T-cell trafficking into the developing tumour.
Otolaryngology is the oldest medical specialty in the United States. Otolaryngologists, also known as Ear, Nose & Throat doctors, specialize in disorders of the head and neck ranging from hearing a loss to cancer.
Learn More about Dr Young J. Kim:
Through his findatopdoc profile, https://www.findatopdoc.com/doctor/177860-Young-Kim-Ear-Nose-and-Throat-Doctor-ENT or through Vanderbilt University Medical Center, https://ww2.mc.vanderbilt.edu/bakerlab/53644
FindaTopDoc is a digital health information company that helps connect patients with local physicians and specialists who accept your insurance. Our goal is to help guide you on your journey towards optimal health by providing you with the know-how to make informed decisions for you and your family.
Your Health Contact
Source :Young J. Kim, MD, PhD
This Press Release was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.
More on your digital wall:
- Samer A. Itani, DDS, a Dentist with Itani Dental
- Tiffany Francia Albis, RN, BSN, Registered Nurse – Public Health Nurse
- Multiplayer Mode of Doom Eternals Finds A Single Player Pit A Pair Of Demons
- Susan G. Manella, DO, a Family Physician with Manella Family Practice
- Lavanya A. Cherukuri, MD, an Obstetrician-Gynecologist with Hurley Medical Center