On Thursday, Shares of Alder BioPharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALDR) inclined 1.10% to $13.83. The stock traded total volume of 188,251 shares lower than the average volume of 1.05M shares.
Alder BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. (ALDR), a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of migraine, recently offered a corporate update and stated its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2018.
Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2018 Financial Results:
- As of December 31, 2018, Alder had $412.40M in cash and cash equivalents, short-term investments and restricted cash, contrast to $484.70M as of Sept. 30, 2018 and contrast to $286.20M as of December 31, 2017.
- Research and development expenses for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2018 totaled $64.40M, contrast to $44.70M for the same period in 2017. For the full year 2018, research and development expenses totaled $239.10M, contrast to $252.90M for the full year 2017. The year-over-year decrease was mainly because of lower clinical trial costs in 2018 as a result of the completion of several clinical trials.
- General and administrative expenses for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2018 totaled $13.00M, contrast to $10.30M for the same period in 2017. For the full year 2018, general and administrative expenses totaled $47.50M, contrast to $38.10M for the full year 2017. The year-over-year increases reflect Alder’s continued commitment to advance the eptinezumab program and position Alder for commercialization.
- Net loss applicable to common stockholders for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2018 totaled $81.50M, or $1.19 per share, contrast to net loss of $54.40M, or $0.80 per share on a fully-diluted basis, for the same period in 2017. For the full year 2018, net loss applicable to common stockholders totaled $331.90M, or $4.87 per share on a fully-diluted basis, contrast to net loss of $288.90M, or $4.95 per share, for the full year 2017.
- Alder anticipates full-year 2019 net cash used in operating activities and purchases of property and equipment will be in the range of $285 to $315.0M dollars. The majority of the spend is focused on ensuring that Alder is prepared for the potential launch of eptinezumab in the first quarter of 2020, counting advancing eptinezumab’s supply chain, building commercial inventory, continuing to build out Alder’s commercial footprint and other pre-launch market readiness activities.
ALDR has the market capitalization of $1.15B and its EPS growth ratio for the past five years was -47.00%. The return on assets ratio of the Company was -64.10%.