Influencer marketing has been proven to be an effective marketing strategy, lately. But, there are still many unanswered questions regarding this much-raved-about topic.
Marketing itself is one of the most effective ways to bring attention to your newsworthy story. Influencer Marketing has become one of the most highly regarded ideas where you can elevate your business through social media influencers. But, to begin with, you need to understand who is a social media influencer. A social media influencer is a person who has been influencing others (their followers) in various ways. Based on topics like fashion, books, movies, business, technology, and other trending topics you will see various popular faces on social media talking about their ways of life, and people follow their trends as they have established their credibility over their time on social media.
- What is influencer marketing?
If you have understood who is a social media influencer then you can understand what influencer marketing stands for. This is a way of marketing that allows businesses to approach these social media influencers to promote their products. This is an effective way that a company can opt where they don’t have to spend their time thinking how to creatively allure people for their products and they can delegate their creative works to social media influencers to do the convincing part. Based on various attributes there are four types of social media influencers.
- 4 Types of Influencers: Based on Range and Reach
- Mega or celebrity influencers – With over 1 million followers
- Macro-influencers – They have followers between 100,000 to 1 million
- Micro-influencers – With 10,000 to 100,000 highly engaged followers
- Nano-influencers – With less than 10,000 followers
Based on your business range you can go for the best type of influencers. For bigger businesses you need to for bigger influencers and for smaller businesses going for influencers with a lesser follower base would be a wise option. Follow these steps to successfully promote your business:
- Choose the Right Influencer With 3 Rs – Relevance, Reach, and Resonance
- Define Your Goals
- Keep a Track of Everything
- Measure your results
- Understand Your Audience Demographics
- Research the Influencer’s Interactions Quotient, Voice, and content
- Credibility of the Influencer
- Ask For Their Experience with Branded Contents
Next, you have to prepare a brief for your chosen influencer so that they can execute the creative work for you effectively. To prepare your brief you need to note down the following points:
- Mention the main motto of this campaign
- The background of your company
- More on the products you make and distribute
- Features and key benefits of your products
- Mention your audience demographics
- The budget you are willing to spend on the campaign
- A proper timeline which must be followed
- Provide them with your brand assets along with logos, colors, and fonts
These are a few things that are required to make a genuinely creative approach to attract more audience to your business. You have to understand that they are going to make videos so that your product looks amazing for your target audience, so make sure that they are given enough opportunity to understand and use your product optimally to create an impressive video for their audience base. 5 types of influencer promotions will help you reach your customer base:
- 5 Types of Influences Promotions:
- Sponsored content
- Affiliate links or discount codes
- Contests and giveaways
- Running content from influencers on your channels
- Brand ambassadors
You can start with sponsored content and then gradually include other influencer marketing options as you keep growing your business. Apart from that you will have to be clear about the payment terms and effective timeline management with your chosen influencers. Most of the time going for more than one influencer is what cracks the deal; if you are going for a few Nano-influencers and Micro-influencers with a similar sort of audience base then it will create an impactful impression on your audience. At the same time, you will also ask them to maintain a proper timeline to be more effective for your audience.
- Benefits of Influencer Marketing
- Brand visibility – Influencers can trigger brand visibility in a better way. This is one of the most appealing ways to reach more people and gain more customers for your products. As per studies, 8 out of 10 social media users go for promoted products which they see promoted by their followed social media influencer.
- Share user-generated content – Through influencers, you can establish the credibility of your products. This doesn’t just offer you more audience but also allows you to reach people extremely easily. These social media influencers have spent a long time being committed to their audience base and they have maintained a good interactive relationship with them and this is what allows you to grow as a business and a company.
- Trusted testimonials – They are regarded as the trusted testimonials that would make people follow the trend they are creating. Social media influencers are the best way to widen your reach and gain better business for your products. But, make sure that they specify the type of testimonial in their videos to greaten the impact.
- Offer a promotion with an influencer – You can partner up with a social media influencer, they have an exclusive audience with whom they can promote your products. This has been a proven strategy to make sure that your products are reaching their potential audience easily. In most cases, people resonate with an influencer because they have a person next door vibe, and you must take accountability for this feature that they share on social media.
- Work with micro-influencers – It will always be wise if you work with micro-influencers, who have 10,000 to 100,000 highly engaged followers. They are the most effective ways to reach your target audience and they also offer the best results according to various studies.
The main goal is to reach your target audience and if you are aware of psychology you would understand the impact that audio-visual content can create on the human mind and deepen the impacting process, choosing someone with whom your audience can resonate easily.