A few of the finest foods for hair growth are foods that are loaded with rich nutritional value. If your diet lacks the required nutrients, can cause hair loss.
Who does not want to have a healthy hair? Good hair boosts our confidence and impacts how others see us. However numerous people across the world suffer from slow hair growth and even excessive hair fall that can affect self-esteem. So, while you worry about how to have strong and healthy hair growth, read the full blog to know what affects your hair loss and hair growth.
What is Hair Growth?
Let’s begin the discussion by understanding how it works, and how hair grows? The process includes three stages, that are – anagen, catagen, and telogen. In the first phase, hair will be actively growing. Then comes the second phase, the catagen one, which is a transitional time where the growth slows down a bit. Ultimately, during the telogen phase, it is the time for resting for the hair and then it falls down and creates new strands. Several elements can destroy the cycle.
However, genetics often help to pull the strings, dominating whether you will grow a receding hairline. Your increasing age can mess up the cycle, and hormonal imbalances can slow the cycle as well.
The importance of nutrients in hair growth
Do you know what can be a game-changer in your hair growth journey? Good foods! Yes, you heard it right. Eating right can simply benefit your locks. The protein-packed food boxes and leafy green veggies can be the first step to stopping excessive hair loss. Let’s look into what you eat regularly –
- Vitamins – This multi-tasker helps to promote hair growth and reduces hair loss. Vitamin A is very important as it helps to moisturize your scalp. If you are suffering from a dry and itchy scalp, it will benefit you surely. Vitamin B plays a crucial part in arousing blood circulation. And don’t even underestimate the power of Vitamin D. It can inspire hair follicle cycling.
- Omega-3 fatty acids – The anti-inflammatory elements can ignite fresh hair growth. You may be already familiar with the term antioxidants which helps anti-aging and immune health. Omega-3s decrease encourages inflammation and a healthier scalp, offering a hospitable ambiance for fresh hair growth.
- Proteins – Protein is a more crucial component. Well, if you don’t take sufficient protein regularly in your diet it may lead you to fragile hair. Add foods like eggs, fish, meats, and plant-based alternatives like chickpeas, lentils, and quinoa. The powerhouse nutrients furnish your hair growth with the required arrangement.
- Minerals – These brilliant components help to nourish your scalp, helping every other essential thing to balance and boost them.
A finely managed diet loaded with these nutrients can be your magic weapon against hair fall. Well, it may not be a quick set, but it is a sustainable way to offer your hair the treatment it desires.
Effect of unhealthy diets
Several people want healthy and strong hair, especially when their hair grows further older. The growth of your hair depends on several factors like genetics, age, medications, diet, and environmental exposure. However, you can’t control factors like age and genetics but you can see what you are giving to your body. Minerals and Vitamins from food play a very effective role in the hair growth cycle. Consuming a balanced diet helps in hair growth, particularly if you are suffering excessive hair loss due to poor nutrition.
It is a brilliant idea to make sure you are consuming foods that have enough nutrients that help hair growth. Here are a few of them that support hair growth organically –
Berries are poured with effective components and vitamins that enrich the scalp and help in the growth of the hair. It has Vitamin C which has powerful antioxidant compounds. Antioxidants prevent damage from harmful molecules. Strawberries are loaded with Vitamin C.
Well, eggs are rich in biotin and protein, the two prime nutrients which are necessary for hair growth. Consuming proper protein is crucial for hair growth because hair follicles are created of protein. Eggs are beneficial because they also have selenium, zinc, and several other hair-healthy components.
- Fatty Fish
Fatty fishes including mackerel, herring, and salmon are massive sources of omega-3, which improves hair density and growth. They are also a great origin of selenium, vitamin D3, nutrients, vitamin B, and protein that supports strong hair.
Spinach is filled with iron, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C which play an important role in hair growth. If you lack these nutrients, then it may cause your hair loss. Only 30 grams of Spinach own up to twenty percent of the regular Vitamin A your body requires.
- Sweet potatoes
Sweet potatoes are beneficial for having Vitamin A which is crucial for hair growth and leaves an impact on sebum production.
Avocados are loaded with vitamin E. The antioxidant prevents hair loss by reducing oxidative stress that leads to hair fall.
Nuts are rich in vitamins B, and E, zinc, and required fatty acids that are crucial for hair growth and offer several other health advantages.
Seeds are poured with Vitamin E and other essential nutrients that support hair growth.
Soybeans have a great impact on hair growth having compounds like spermidine.
Meat, especially red meat is a very important source of protein that is necessary for healthy hair.
Tips for having a healthy hair
- Look what you eat
- Add more greens to your table
- Include more protein in your diet
If your daily diet lacks the right amount of nutrients can affect the health of your hair as well. If you consider that your diet requires enough proteins or vitamins then start adding today to have strong and healthy hair growth.